Saturday, January 10, 2015

Breakfast at Tiffany's

There is something in the New York air that makes sleep useless. - Simone Beauvoir


I am absolutely NOT a city girl.* Ok, I lived in a teeny city for almost 8 years. But I hardly count that, it was necessity. I know a tiny bit about Philly, because what DelCo girl doesn't, but it's not a place I want to frequent. The first time I stepped out of Grand Central Station - I thought I might faint! It was my 21st birthday and to say the city overwhelmed me is putting it mildly.

Regardless, there's a certain something about the Big Apple. And at Christmastime! (Ok, I've ONLY been there at Christmastime. Lol.) So when the opportunity for a day trip in December came up, hubby & I jumped on it.
We hit Eataly, easily my favorite place in the city (take me back!) and wandered the streets hand in hand.


We hit the big spots - we kissed under the tree at Rockefeller Center, we shopped at the NHL store (ugh, bring that to Chester County!), and snacked at Hard Rock Cafe. 


Making memories with my husband is my favorite. And I came away with the PERFECT souvenir! 


He does, too. He wants me, he chose me, and he has me. Forever. 

*Foreign cities are a different story. Take me back to Venice, Madrid, Florence, Barcelona, and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment