Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Lights, Camera, Action

For some moments in life, there are no words. - David Seltzer



I will openly admit I'm a social media junkie. I check in, post photos, accept friend requests from people I've met once. I #mcm my husband every single week and share #tbt pics from childhood through last week. I'm not delusional and don't consider 55 likes on my profile photo significant of anything useful in the real world, but it's fun. I'm nosy and voyeuristic. I have a blog, for Pete's sake! I play on Facebook and Instagram, both of which are private accounts. I had to delete a Twitter because it was too un-private. 

But I digress. I've been called "the most married woman on social media" by some friends/acquaintances. Hey, whatevs. I'm living a beautiful life & thrilled to share it. 

One thing I've heard is that if someone were truly happy, they wouldn't broadcast it on social media. That makes no sense to me; why would I hide that? Pretty sure those words come from bitter, jealous skeptics.


However. For every date night check-in, for every kissy-face photo, for every public declaration of love - there are hundreds of other moments. Private moments between a husband and wife, secrets shared in the dark. These are the glue in our marriage. Sure, y'all can peek in the window, but at the end of the day, the curtains are drawn and we exist in our own world. Don't ever think you are seeing all of someone's life via Instagram selfies and Buzzfeed shares. Social media is just the highlights reel - the real magic happens behind the scenes.


You don't know the half of it…


No comments:

Post a Comment