Saturday, November 22, 2014

Tis The Season

Thanksgiving: the expression of gratitude.
I'm one of the lucky ones. I have much to be thankful for. Born to an amazingly hardworking mother, I had everything material a kid could want. I was given the intelligence to understand people and the world at an age most kids don't. I learned the concepts of grace, humility, and friendship - or so I like to think! As an adult, a very tumultuous few years in my 20s managed to teach me incredibly valuable lessons while leaving me and my loved ones relatively unscathed. And then, after the most devastating blow, I met Adam. Adam persistently pursued me and was patient with me - I was what one might call emotionally unavailable. The ultimate cynic.
Now here I am, married! I was born to be married, to be someone's wife. I adore my husband and am thankful every day that HE picked ME. We are building a wonderful life together. He showers me with affection and puts up with my crabby moods and curious quirks. I'm appreciate for our past, I'm grateful our present, and I'm so looking forward to our future.

As an aside, I had a bit of trouble getting to this post and finishing it. Why? Well…
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment