Tuesday, November 25, 2014

It's a Boy!

I've always been glad Miss Piggy loves Adam, and vice versa of course! I told you what my dad had to say about men and cats. Piggs is an excellent judge of character as well.

But one cat? Only one? Complete malarkey. Just had to get husband on board. Yada yada yada…fast forward to last Monday. Someone had won something in NASCAR so Outback was giving away Bloomin' Onions (that free $4 appetizer cost us like  $60 so there's a bargain). Right by our closest Outback is a Petsmart. We stopped in to pick up the eco-friendly disposable biodegradable litter boxes we use. And there they were…cages of adorable cats. I'm not sure what Adam thought would happen when he suggested we go in the enclosure to meet some kitties!

I'd wanted to adopt an older cat, a sad case, maybe one who'd been at the shelter a long time. Hobo seemed like just the guy (had to be a male - Miss Piggy is a princess and we all know females rule in the animal world!). He was a goofy boy with what looked like the kitty equivalent of a cleft palate. I loved his little "deformity!" 
But then "Oreo" came out of his cage. He jumped up & purred like a motor immediately. A five month old black & white kitten, he was NOT what I had in mind! Then I saw him in my husband's arms, snuggling & purring. And so we filled out the application. We had to jump through some hoops - like personal and vet references as well as getting Piggs up to date on vaccines (I've never vaccinated indoor cats, what's the point? I BAWLED at the vet when she cried!). Then, Friday night, we brought our little guy home :) 

Adam named him Stache, obviously for his adorable little half-(Hitler)mustache.

It's been an adjustment for all of us especially Miss Piggy, but when he wakes me up at 4am trying to crawl into my skin or Adam laughs "hun you gotta see this!" while playing with him…it's all good. 


Stay tuned for news of our next addition :)


No comments:

Post a Comment