Monday, December 8, 2014

Eat Pray Love

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all." -Harriet van Horne


I LOVE cooking. I love trying new things (Pinterest junkie) and love feeding people especially my hubby (it's the Italian in me). Adam is a great test subject especially since he loves everything! On our third date I invited him to my place & served him handmade crab cakes with fresh lemon aoli and, well, here we are! 
One of his favorites, that he requests often, is Chicken Parmesan. I made it tonight and thought I'd share my recipe.

It's ridiculously easy to make. I don't coat my chicken in anything before breading it, but I juice up my breadcrumbs with spices like basil, oregano, salt & pepper, and garlic. Once it's breaded, the number one most important part:

Whole, FRESH basil leaves.

We popped into an Italian market last weekend in NYC where I picked some up, but you can usually find it at your local grocery store. Don't skimp! Basil is amazingly delicious. Next comes the mozzarella and lots of it - Adam loves cheese! 
Cover it all in sauce (if you're using canned sauce, doctor that too!) and pop it in the oven. When I have about five minutes to go, I cover the mess in fresh parmigiano reggiano (you can use store bought shake parm if you want). Serve with any kind of pasta. Household fav around here! 10 minutes of prep and 20-40 minutes in the oven depending on the chicken. The smile on my hubby's face when he smells this cooking is worth it!.

No comments:

Post a Comment