Friday, December 26, 2014

Keeping Balance

This little bracelet won Christmas.

It's a whole thing (you can check it out at www.mylokai.com). So the white bead is injected with water from Mt. Everest, the highest point on earth. This is to represent the moments we feel like we're on top of the world. The black bead is injected with mud from the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth. This is to represent when we feel our lowest. The clear beads represent the journey. It's a reminder that we need to stay humble and hopeful, because our journey in life is cyclical and will have [sometimes extreme] ups & downs.

I just thought the idea was so cool. I gave them to my mom and my aunt, two women who have been to hell & back in the last few years. (I'm wearing one as well.) We could all use a reminder that whether things are terrible or amazing, that is bound to change. 

We just gotta keep swimming. 

1 comment:

  1. Now every time I notice mine, I'll think of you! Stay humble & HOPEFUL!

    ReplyDelete